ICAI has asked for suggestion for the draft regulation to change in CA registration criteria.
Suggestion can be sent on [email protected] by email.
- (1) These regulations may be called the Chartered Accountants (Amendment) Regulations, 2019.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their final publication in the Official Gazette.
- In the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 (hereinafter referred to as the said regulations),in sub-regulation
(1) of regulation 25E of the said regulations,-
(a) for the words and figures, ―appeared in the Senior Secondary (10+2)‖, the words and
figures, ―passed the Class 10th‖ shall be substituted;
(b) the words, ―for the purpose of admission to graduation course‖ shall be omitted.
- In sub-regulation (1) of regulation 25F of the said regulations,-
(i) for clause (a), the following clause shall be substituted, namely:-
―(a) is registered with the Board of Studies of the Institute on or before 1st day of January or
1st day of July for the examination to be held in the months of May/June or
November/December respectively; and has complied with such other requirements as may be
decided by the Council from time to time.; and‖
(ii) in clause (b), for the word, ―passed‖, the words, ―appeared in‖ shall be substituted.
- In regulation 28F of the said regulations,-
(i) for sub-regulation (3), the following sub-regulation shall be substituted, namely:-
―(3) No candidate shall be registered for the Intermediate Course unless he has passed the
Foundation Examination under these regulations and Senior Secondary (10+2) examination
conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by
the Central Government or the State Government as equivalent thereto for the purpose of
admission to graduation course and has complied with such other requirements as may be
decided by the Council from time to time.‖