They work in private sector or in the accounts department of firms and organisation. Chartered Accountancy can be the first step to other rewarding careers in finance, investment consultancy and fund management. In order to discharge its duties as a Chartered Accountant, one must be practically trained in areas of taxation, accounting and laws.
Opportunities as a CA-
- Internal Audit – It is a dynamic profession involved in helping organisations achieve their objectives. It is concerned with evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes in an organisation.
- Statutory Audit – The purpose is the same as the purpose of any other type of audit: to determine whether an organisation is providing a fair and accurate presentation of its financial position by examining information such as bank balances, book-keeping records and financial transactions.
- Tax Audit u/s 44AB – It is an examination of tax return by the IRS to verify that income and deductions are accurate. A tax audit is when the IRS decides to examine tax return a little more closely and verify that income and deductions are accurate.
- Management Audit – It is assessment of methods and policies of an organization’s management in the administration and use of resources, tactical and strategic planning, and employee and organizational improvement.
- Information System Audit – It is an examination of the controls within an entity’s information technology infrastructure. There reviews may be performed in conjunction with a financial statement audit, internal audit or other form of attestation engagement.
- Bank Audit – It is the examination of transactions happening as and when a transaction actually happens. It is a continuous audit, which goes on all the year around, usually conducted by external auditors (Chartered Accountants) on monthly basis.
- Cost Audit
- Forensic Audit
- Energy Audit
- Environment Audit
- Government Audit
- Tax Planning
- Financial modelling
- Merchant banking services
- Merger and acquisitions advisory
- Valuation of shares and business and advice
- Transfer pricing
A qualified company secretary having immense knowledge of wide variety of subjects. Top organisations offer attractive packages to CS. The market demand for a career as a CS is an upswing. The qualification of CS is globally recognized and the outlook for CS is bright indeed. A qualified CS will find employment across all the industries, from financial sectors to heavy industries as well as government sector.
Opportunities as a CS-
- Advisory Services
- Company Registrar
- Principal Secretary
- Self Employment
- Corporate Governance And Secretarial Services.
Cost Management Accounting
This course will open a lot of opportunities and will help one to stand out from the rest with the immense knowledge in the field of management accounting and strategic management .It will help in getting more exposure not only in domestic market but as well as global market opportunities. There are also various options available by taking up a teaching profession for the same, or becoming a recognized author for books and materials related to Cost Accounting, etc.
Opportunities as a CMA-
- Cost Accountant
- Chief Costing Officer
- Cost Manager
- Financial Controller
- Finance Manager